The 2.4 meter is 13 feet 8 inches long. Designed for competitive sailing, it is easily handled, trailered, launched and stored.
The 2.4 meter is perhaps the best, most fun single handed boat you will ever sail. It can be as tactical, technical, and fast as you want it to be. In many ways, it is like sailing your own small 12 meter. Anyone who has sailed a 2.4 meter will tell you that they are exciting to sail, very competitive to race, and offer loads of FUN…
The class includes former Americas Cup sailors, one-design champions, disabled sailors, cruising class sailors, and people of all ages and genders who love to sail. The best thing about the 2.4 meter is that each sailor competes on an equal level of sailing ability – not agility. Some have called this boat “the great equalizer” because it really levels the playing field for sailors of all ages and abilities.
Schedule of events
|November 5-7,2021||2.4mr Pre-Worlds|
Notice of Race
|Davis Island Yacht Club Event Registration||Davis Island, FL|
|December 2-5, 2021||Americas Disabled / Open Regatta|
|St. Petersburg Yacht Club|
|St. Petersburg, FL|
|January 24-25,2022||Can Am Series Event 1||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|January 27-29 ,2022||Can Am Series Event 2||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|February 19-20 ,2022||Can Am Series Event 3||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|March 28-29, 2022||Can Am Series Event 4||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|March 31-April 2, 2022||Can Am Series Event 5||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|2022||2.4mr World Championships||Davis Island Yacht Club Event website||Davis Island, FL|
- Clagett Regatta back with a Vengeance Posted in: News & Announcements- Clagett Regatta back with a vengeance August 29, 2021 – Newport, RI Fifteen boats entered the 2.4 meter class for the Singlehanded US Para Sailing Championships which concluded today. While we missed our Canadian Colleagues tremendously, we had a great event and crowned Dee Smith the winner after 7 races. Day one of the event, … Continue reading "Clagett Regatta back with a Vengeance"
- Varied and Challenging conditions at Judd Goldman Independence Cup Posted in: News & Announcements- The organizers at the Judd Goldman Adaptive Sailing Foundation (JGASF) pulled out all of the stops for their 2021 Independence Cup regatta. This disabled sailing event hosts three classes, Sonars, Independence 20s and 2.4 meters. They provide everything from the shirt on your back, to your hotel room to your boat. They have a well … Continue reading "Varied and Challenging conditions at Judd Goldman Independence Cup"
- Rockport fleet Midsummer update Posted in: News & Announcements- July is the middle of sailing season in New England and so far we have been very happy in our new home at the Sandy Bay Yacht Club in Rockport MA. While the weather has not always cooperated (thanks Elsa), we have been welcomed into the club and are now sailing 1 or 2 days … Continue reading "Rockport fleet Midsummer update"
- Clagett- Time to Register Posted in: News & Announcements- Hey Sailors! The Clagett Clinic / Regatta is coming fast. Lets’s get registered. Clagett information
- Welcome to Sandy Bay – Marblehead fleet moves to Rockport Posted in: News & Announcements- Welcome to Rockport May 1, 2021 – Rockport MA The Marblehead 2.4 meter fleet is moving to Sandy Bay Yacht Club in Rockport, MA. SBYC generously invited all of our fleet members to join and sail with their existing fleets of Stars, Rhodes 19s, Flying Scots and Bullseyes. We are thrilled to be sailing out … Continue reading "Welcome to Sandy Bay – Marblehead fleet moves to Rockport"