The 2.4 meter is 13 feet 8 inches long. Designed for competitive sailing, it is easily handled, trailered, launched and stored.
The 2.4 meter is perhaps the best, most fun single handed boat you will ever sail. It can be as tactical, technical, and fast as you want it to be. In many ways, it is like sailing your own small 12 meter. Anyone who has sailed a 2.4 meter will tell you that they are exciting to sail, very competitive to race, and offer loads of FUN…
The class includes former Americas Cup sailors, one-design champions, disabled sailors, cruising class sailors, and people of all ages and genders who love to sail. The best thing about the 2.4 meter is that each sailor competes on an equal level of sailing ability – not agility. Some have called this boat “the great equalizer” because it really levels the playing field for sailors of all ages and abilities.
Schedule of events
|August 19-20, 2023||Great Lakes Championship||Toronto National Yacht Club||Toronto, Ontario|
|September 22-24, 2023||Canadian 2.4mR Championships||Toronto National Yacht Club||Toronto, Ontario|
|December 2-3, 2023||Hospice Cup||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|January 22-23, 2024||CanAm 1||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|January 25-27, 2024||CanAm 2||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|February 17-18, 2024||CanAm 3 (Midwinters)||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|March 25-26, 2024||CanAm 4||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|March 28-30, 2024||CanAm 5||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
- Postcards from the Worlds in Finland Posted in: News & Announcements- Last week 64 Boats competed for the International 2.4 Meter World Championship in Tampere Finland. The fleet sailed 10 races with 2 throw outs. There were 6 North American sailors in Tampere for the event in including Jackie Gay, Tony Pocklington, Julio Reguero, John Seepe, Colin Smith and Rudy Trejo. Here are some quick thoughts … Continue reading "Postcards from the Worlds in Finland"
- Sandy Bay Invityational Posted in: News & Announcements- July 9, 2023 – Rockport Mass. Rockport Massachusetts is a beautiful place. You might not know that if you you sailed there this past weekend. Pea Soup fog made sailing tough, but the Race Committee was able to get 6 races in over the 3 day event for the 14 competitors. Day 1 conditions were … Continue reading "Sandy Bay Invityational"
- The Yanks are Going! – Wheelchairs Rolling to The Hague Posted in: News & Announcements- Apr 27, 2023 The Yanks are Going! – Wheelchairs Rolling to The Hague As part of the Allianz World Sailing Championship (WSC) this August at The Hague, US Sailing has selected a team of American sailors with a disability to represent the United States in all four Para Sailing classes. World Sailing is bringing together all of the Olympic classes and Para Sailing classes Aug 8-20, 2023 for … Continue reading "The Yanks are Going! – Wheelchairs Rolling to The Hague"
- 2023 CanAm Series Wrapup Posted in: News & Announcements- 4/2/2023 – Port Charlotte Fl. The 2023 CanAm Series concluded this past week in Port Charlotte. As usual the officers, members and staff of the Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club did a magnificent job hosting the 28 competitors over Events 4 and 5 of the series. The sailing conditions were ideal with winds from 6-15 knots. … Continue reading "2023 CanAm Series Wrapup"
- Pics From CanAm 3 / Edge Midwinters Posted in: News & Announcements- Pics from last weekend CanAm3-Edge Midwinters