The 2.4 meter is 13 feet 8 inches long. Designed for competitive sailing, it is easily handled, trailered, launched and stored.
The 2.4 meter is perhaps the best, most fun single handed boat you will ever sail. It can be as tactical, technical, and fast as you want it to be. In many ways, it is like sailing your own small 12 meter. Anyone who has sailed a 2.4 meter will tell you that they are exciting to sail, very competitive to race, and offer loads of FUN…
The class includes former Americas Cup sailors, one-design champions, disabled sailors, cruising class sailors, and people of all ages and genders who love to sail. The best thing about the 2.4 meter is that each sailor competes on an equal level of sailing ability – not agility. Some have called this boat “the great equalizer” because it really levels the playing field for sailors of all ages and abilities.
Schedule of events
|October 8-9, 2022||CanAm Finale||National Yacht Club|
|November 5-12, 2022||2.4mr World Championships|
|Davis Island Yacht Club Event website||Davis Island, FL|
|January 23-24,2023||CanAm Series event 1||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|January 26-28 ,2023||CanAm Series event 2||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|February 18-19, 2023||CanAm Series event 3 (Edge Midwinters)||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|March 27-28, 2023||CanAm Series event 4||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|March 30 - April 1, 2023||Can Am Series 5||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|August 5 - 12, 2023||2.4mr World Championship||Tampere, Finland|
- Independence Cup / US Para Sailing Championships – Chicago Posted in: News & Announcements- August 9 – Chicago Il. Three Challenging days of sailing concluded with two winners. Rudy Trejo won the Independence Cup, and Matt Koblenzar was the US Sailing Para Sailing singlehanded champion. Chris Childers from San Francisco rounded out the podium. The fleet enjoyed one day of light winds, a second day of medium winds with … Continue reading "Independence Cup / US Para Sailing Championships – Chicago"
- Mr. Green Builds a Picket Fence Posted in: News & Announcements- Rockport, MA – July 11, 2022 By: Shan McAdoo Photos: Michelle Seepe Ted Green came home to his childhood club and picked up right where he left off, winning. The lovely quaint club house has tons of trophies from days gone by, some of which have Ted’s name on them already. He added his name … Continue reading "Mr. Green Builds a Picket Fence"
- Welcome to Rockport – 2.4 meter invitational preview Posted in: News & Announcements- Winters over… The Clagett regatta is a great event, but the height of hospitality for summer sailing will be in Rockport, MA this summer. As a part of your registration fee here are some great reasons to join us on July 8-10: Friday tune up clinic Friday night off site dinner (sponsored by CAC Racing … Continue reading "Welcome to Rockport – 2.4 meter invitational preview"
- Winter Series Finale – Can Am 4&5 – US Nationals Posted in: News & Announcements- March 28- April 2, 2022 – Port Charlotte FL. Text by Shan McAdoo Photos by Tina Weida With 25 boats on the line for CanAm 5, winter sailing was back with a vengeance in Port Charlotte. The US – Canada border reopened and our friends from North of the border showed up in force. Can … Continue reading "Winter Series Finale – Can Am 4&5 – US Nationals"
- CanAm 3 – Edge Midwinters wrap up Posted in: News & Announcements- Feb 21, 2022 Story by John Seepe Photos by Tina Weida Wow, CanAm #3 Regatta (Edge Mid-Winter), at Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club over this last weekend (Feb 19 & 20) did not disappoint! We finally got out some of the North American top 2.4mR sailors. Sailors from British Columbia, Seattle, Toronto, Massachusetts, and down the … Continue reading "CanAm 3 – Edge Midwinters wrap up"