The 2.4 meter is 13 feet 8 inches long. Designed for competitive sailing, it is easily handled, trailered, launched and stored.
The 2.4 meter is perhaps the best, most fun single handed boat you will ever sail. It can be as tactical, technical, and fast as you want it to be. In many ways, it is like sailing your own small 12 meter. Anyone who has sailed a 2.4 meter will tell you that they are exciting to sail, very competitive to race, and offer loads of FUN…
The class includes former Americas Cup sailors, one-design champions, disabled sailors, cruising class sailors, and people of all ages and genders who love to sail. The best thing about the 2.4 meter is that each sailor competes on an equal level of sailing ability – not agility. Some have called this boat “the great equalizer” because it really levels the playing field for sailors of all ages and abilities.
Schedule of events
|December 2-3, 2023||Hospice Cup||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|January 22-23, 2024||CanAm 1||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|January 25-27, 2024||CanAm 2||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|February 17-18, 2024||CanAm 3 (Midwinters)||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|March 8-10, 2024||Mid-Winter One Design||Tampa Sailing Squadron||Apollo Beach, FL|
|March 25-26, 2024||CanAm 4||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|March 28-30, 2024||CanAm 5||Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club||Port Charlotte, FL|
|April 26-29,2024||Spring Invitational||Tred Avon Yacht Club||Oxford, MD|
|June 25-30, 2024||C. Thomas Claggett Jr. Memorial Clinic & Regatta|
|Sail Newport||Newport, RI|
|June 27-30, 2024||139th Kieler Woche (Kiel Week)|
|Kieler Yachting||Kiel , Germany|
|July 5-7, 2024||Sandy Bay Invitational|
|Sandy Bay Yacht Club||Rockport, Ma|
|July 25-28, 2024||Independence Cup|
U.S. Para Sailing Championship
|Judd Goldman Adaptive Sailing Center||Chicago, IL|
|July 29-Aug 3, 2024||International 2.4 Meter World Championships||Kieler Yachting||Kiel Germany|
- Tampa Sailing Squadron – Event report Posted in: News & Announcements- Nov 13, 2023 – Apollo Beach, FL Last Friday 4 2.4 meter sailors went through a time machine. John Seepe, Tony Pocklington, Rudy Trejo and Shan McAdoo traveled to Apollo beach on the eastern edge of Tampa Bay to sail at a multi class event at the Tampa Sailing Squadron (TSS). TSS is a throw … Continue reading "Tampa Sailing Squadron – Event report"
- Can Am in Port Charlotte is Happening Posted in: News & Announcements- Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club will be hosting the Can Am Winter series in Port Charlotte Florida this winter. The 5 event series starts in January and runs through late March. You can register here Thanks to the Officers, members and staff at Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club. We are excited for a great winter of sailing … Continue reading "Can Am in Port Charlotte is Happening"
- Fall Event on the Chesapeke (Tred Avon) Posted in: News & Announcements- 2.4m sailors. Back by popular demand, TAYC is offering the 2.4m class a start at the annual Frostbite regatta, 3-5 November. I’m getting the NoR together this week, but the event is open for registration @ https://theclubspot.com/regatta/bUY3zuKHUb I have temporarily field storage as needed for boats headed to Florida, before and after the regatta. Please contact … Continue reading "Fall Event on the Chesapeke (Tred Avon)"
- Postcards from the Worlds in Finland Posted in: News & Announcements- Last week 64 Boats competed for the International 2.4 Meter World Championship in Tampere Finland. The fleet sailed 10 races with 2 throw outs. There were 6 North American sailors in Tampere for the event in including Jackie Gay, Tony Pocklington, Julio Reguero, John Seepe, Colin Smith and Rudy Trejo. Here are some quick thoughts … Continue reading "Postcards from the Worlds in Finland"
- Sandy Bay Invityational Posted in: News & Announcements- July 9, 2023 – Rockport Mass. Rockport Massachusetts is a beautiful place. You might not know that if you you sailed there this past weekend. Pea Soup fog made sailing tough, but the Race Committee was able to get 6 races in over the 3 day event for the 14 competitors. Day 1 conditions were … Continue reading "Sandy Bay Invityational"