The 2.4 meter is 13 feet 8 inches long. Designed for competitive sailing, it is easily handled, trailered, launched and stored.
The 2.4 meter is perhaps the best, most fun single handed boat you will ever sail. It can be as tactical, technical, and fast as you want it to be. In many ways, it is like sailing your own small 12 meter. Anyone who has sailed a 2.4 meter will tell you that they are exciting to sail, very competitive to race, and offer loads of FUN…
The class includes former Americas Cup sailors, one-design champions, disabled sailors, cruising class sailors, and people of all ages and genders who love to sail. The best thing about the 2.4 meter is that each sailor competes on an equal level of sailing ability – not agility. Some have called this boat “the great equalizer” because it really levels the playing field for sailors of all ages and abilities.
Schedule of events
|Aug 7-14, 2021||2.4 Meter World Championships||Tonsberg Seilforning|
|2022||2.4mr World Championships||Davis Island Yacht Club Event website||Davis Island, FL|
- 2021 2.4 Meter Worlds in Tonsberg, Norway – Aug 7-14, 2021 Posted in: News & Announcements- 2021 2.4 Meter Worlds in TonsBerg, Norway – Aug 7-14, 2021 Registration is open for the 2.4 Meter World Championship in Tonsberg, Norway Register Here
- Unofficial Notice – CanAm Series Posted in: News & Announcements- Unofficial Notice – CanAm Series Even in the era of Covid The good folks at Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club (CHYC) are planning a winter sailing series. They have “tilted” the series to as late in the season as possible to increase the chances of border openings and maximize attendence. There will be the usual 5 … Continue reading "Unofficial Notice – CanAm Series"
- Summer in Marblehead – 2020 Posted in: News & Announcements-
- Summer In New England – Covid 19 edition Posted in: News & Announcements- When Life Hands you Lemons, Make Lemonade By: Shan McAdoo Sailing a 2.4 Meter in front of the Iconic Marblehead Light Doug Trees and I are both getting a little long in the tooth. Time and creeping age has forced us to give up sailing on boats that we had decades in and lots of … Continue reading "Summer In New England – Covid 19 edition"
- Marblehead Posted in: News & Announcements- This weekend in Marblehead we introduced two newbies to the 2.4 meter. Richard G W Boardman and Ric Dexter sailed today with Maureen McKinnon. Sergey Yedrikov, and Doug Trees. They sailed 5 races and had fun Yesterday we sailed 5 strong Doug Trees, Sergey, along with Shan McAdoo, John Pratt and Kathy Ryan Breslin. In … Continue reading "Marblehead"