The 2.4 meter is 13 feet 8 inches long. Designed for competitive sailing, it is easily handled, trailered, launched and stored.
The 2.4 meter is perhaps the best, most fun single handed boat you will ever sail. It can be as tactical, technical, and fast as you want it to be. In many ways, it is like sailing your own small 12 meter. Anyone who has sailed a 2.4 meter will tell you that they are exciting to sail, very competitive to race, and offer loads of FUN…
The class includes former Americas Cup sailors, one-design champions, disabled sailors, cruising class sailors, and people of all ages and genders who love to sail. The best thing about the 2.4 meter is that each sailor competes on an equal level of sailing ability – not agility. Some have called this boat “the great equalizer” because it really levels the playing field for sailors of all ages and abilities.
Schedule of events
|May 21-22, 2022||IceBreaker||National Yacht Club|
|May 15-20||European Championship||YCIF||Quieron, Brittanny, France|
|June 21-26 ,2022||C. Thomas Claggett Jr. Memorial Clinic & Regatta|
|Sail Newport||Newport, RI|
|June 25-26 ,2022||CanAm North Kickoff||National Yacht Club|
|July 8-10 ,2022||Sandy Bay 2.4 meter Invitational|
Notice of Race
|Sandy Bay Yacht Club|
|July 16,17 ,2022||CanAm North #2||National Yacht Club|
|August 4-7, 2022||Independence Cup|
U.S. Para Sailing Championship
|Judd Goldman Adaptive Sailing||Chicago, IL|
|August 26-28, 2022||CanAm North #3 / Canadian Nationals||National Yacht Club|
|October 8-9, 2022||CanAm Finale||National Yacht Club|
|November 5-12, 2022||2.4mr World Championships|
|Davis Island Yacht Club Event website||Davis Island, FL|
|August 5-12,2023||2.4mr World Championships||Finland|
- Welcome to Rockport – 2.4 meter invitational preview Posted in: News & Announcements- Winters over… The Clagett regatta is a great event, but the height of hospitality for summer sailing will be in Rockport, MA this summer. As a part of your registration fee here are some great reasons to join us on July 8-10: Friday tune up clinic Friday night off site dinner (sponsored by CAC Racing … Continue reading "Welcome to Rockport – 2.4 meter invitational preview"
- Winter Series Finale – Can Am 4&5 – US Nationals Posted in: News & Announcements- March 28- April 2, 2022 – Port Charlotte FL. Text by Shan McAdoo Photos by Tina Weida With 25 boats on the line for CanAm 5, winter sailing was back with a vengeance in Port Charlotte. The US – Canada border reopened and our friends from North of the border showed up in force. Can … Continue reading "Winter Series Finale – Can Am 4&5 – US Nationals"
- CanAm 3 – Edge Midwinters wrap up Posted in: News & Announcements- Feb 21, 2022 Story by John Seepe Photos by Tina Weida Wow, CanAm #3 Regatta (Edge Mid-Winter), at Charlotte Harbor Yacht Club over this last weekend (Feb 19 & 20) did not disappoint! We finally got out some of the North American top 2.4mR sailors. Sailors from British Columbia, Seattle, Toronto, Massachusetts, and down the … Continue reading "CanAm 3 – Edge Midwinters wrap up"
- Game On in Port Charlotte Posted in: News & Announcements- Game On in Port Charlotte Text by John Seepe Photos Tina Weida and Fran Nasher January 31, 2022 The largest gathering of 2.4mR sailors just occurred in “sunny” Florida during the CanAm #1 and CanAm #2 Regattas. 18 boats were battling it out on the starting line with some new faces among the regular fleet … Continue reading "Game On in Port Charlotte"
- Davis Island Yacht Club and Tampa – An Amazing venue for a World Championship Posted in: News & Announcements- Nov 11, 2021 Davis Island Yacht Club and Tampa Florida are going to put on a great event in 2022. The venue was highlighted during the recent Pre Worlds event. The venue highlights include: Great shoreside facilities with ample space and hoists for a large fleet Great host city with ample dining and housing choices … Continue reading "Davis Island Yacht Club and Tampa – An Amazing venue for a World Championship"