The 2.4 meter is 13 feet 8 inches long. Designed for competitive sailing, it is easily handled, trailered, launched and stored.
The 2.4 meter is perhaps the best, most fun single handed boat you will ever sail. It can be as tactical, technical, and fast as you want it to be. In many ways, it is like sailing your own small 12 meter. Anyone who has sailed a 2.4 meter will tell you that they are exciting to sail, very competitive to race, and offer loads of FUN…
The class includes former Americas Cup sailors, one-design champions, disabled sailors, cruising class sailors, and people of all ages and genders who love to sail. The best thing about the 2.4 meter is that each sailor competes on an equal level of sailing ability – not agility. Some have called this boat “the great equalizer” because it really levels the playing field for sailors of all ages and abilities.
Schedule of events
|2022||2.4mr World Championships||Davis Island Yacht Club Event website||Davis Island, FL|
- Summer In New England – Covid 19 edition Posted in: News & Announcements- When Life Hands you Lemons, Make Lemonade By: Shan McAdoo Sailing a 2.4 Meter in front of the Iconic Marblehead Light Doug Trees and I are both getting a little long in the tooth. Time and creeping age has forced us to give up sailing on boats that we had decades in and lots of … Continue reading "Summer In New England – Covid 19 edition"
- Marblehead Posted in: News & Announcements- This weekend in Marblehead we introduced two newbies to the 2.4 meter. Richard G W Boardman and Ric Dexter sailed today with Maureen McKinnon. Sergey Yedrikov, and Doug Trees. They sailed 5 races and had fun Yesterday we sailed 5 strong Doug Trees, Sergey, along with Shan McAdoo, John Pratt and Kathy Ryan Breslin. In … Continue reading "Marblehead"
- Marblehead Fleet Posted in: News & Announcements- The Marblehead fleet finally got out on the water this past weekend (July 18, 19). We have two very different types of sailing for our 5 identical Gavia 2.4 meters. On Saturdays, we do clinic style short Windward Leeward courses using a government park as the upwind mark. We got 5 races in for our … Continue reading "Marblehead Fleet"
- 2020 Davis Island Yacht Club 2.4mr World Championship Posted in: News & Announcements- Organizers of the 2.4 Meter World Championship Regatta, presented by Davis Island Yacht Club, regret to announce the cancellation of the 2020 event, originally scheduled for November 7-13. This difficult decision has been made in line with health and safety recommendations taken by the Government of the U.S. in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Davis … Continue reading "2020 Davis Island Yacht Club 2.4mr World Championship"
- 2.4mr 2019 US Nationals diary-Shan McAdoo Posted in: News & Announcements- 2.4 Meter US Nationals Diary Text Shan McAdoo Images Fran Burstein The 2020 International 2.4 Meter worlds are being held in Tampa, FL in November. This combined with the ongoing CanAm Winter Series offered me an opportunity to really dig into this cool little boat, learn lots with an eye towards a big event. The … Continue reading "2.4mr 2019 US Nationals diary-Shan McAdoo"