The 2.4 meter is 13 feet 8 inches long. Designed for competitive sailing, it is easily handled, trailered, launched and stored.
The 2.4 meter is perhaps the best, most fun single handed boat you will ever sail. It can be as tactical, technical, and fast as you want it to be. In many ways, it is like sailing your own small 12 meter. Anyone who has sailed a 2.4 meter will tell you that they are exciting to sail, very competitive to race, and offer loads of FUN…
The class includes former Americas Cup sailors, one-design champions, disabled sailors, cruising class sailors, and people of all ages and genders who love to sail. The best thing about the 2.4 meter is that each sailor competes on an equal level of sailing ability – not agility. Some have called this boat “the great equalizer” because it really levels the playing field for sailors of all ages and abilities.
Schedule of events
|June 15,16||Pacific Coast Championship||Royal Victoria Yacht Club||Victoria, British Columbia|
|June 18-23, 2019||Clagett Regatta||Sail Newport||Newport, RI|
|July 1-July 7, 2019||World Para Sailing Championship|
2019 Para World Championship
|Club Nautico Puerto Sherry||Cadiz, Spain|
|July 5-7, 2019||2019 2.4mr North Americans|
|Kingston Yacht Club||Kingston, Ontario|
|July 13-14, 2019||National Event||National Yacht Club||Toronto, Ontario|
|July 25-28,2019||US Para Sailing Championship/ Independence Cup|
|Judd Goldman Sailing Center||Chicago, IL|
|Aug 17 – 18, 2019||Great Lakes Regatta||National Yacht Club||Toronto, Ontario|
|Sep 7 – 8, 2019||CanAm North Finale||National Yacht Club||Toronto, Ontario|
|October 12-18, 2019||2.4mr World Championship|
|Yacht Club Italiano||Genoa, Italy|
- 2019 US PARA Sailing Championship Posted in: News & Announcements, Upcoming Regattas- The Judd Goldman Adaptive Sailing Association will be hosting the US Para Sailing Championships in conjunction with their annual Independence cup Thursday July 25 through Sunday July 28, 2019, at the Judd Goldman Sailing Center in Chicago IL. Click here for a link to the event
- 2018-2019 CanAm Wrap Up Posted in: News & Announcements, Regatta Results- Smith Wins The Finale and The 2019 2.4mR Can Am Championship Series Increasingly Competitive North American 2.4mR Series Drives Class Growth Port Charlotte, Fla. (April 2, 2019) – Can Am #5, also known as The Finale, closed out the winter racing season for the 2.4mR class on Charlotte Harbor with 21 competitors racing over three … Continue reading "2018-2019 CanAm Wrap Up"
- 2014 Charger 2.4mr Posted in: Boats & Parts for Sale- 2014 2.4mR Norlin Mk lll Boom and pole 2017 Super Spar mast New Top cover and bottom cover Dolly No weight gain very stiff, Harken fittings throughout, Superspar mast/boom/pole, under/over covers. Electric and manual pumps, full certificate. Ready to race competitively and is arguably the most beautiful looking 2.4mR design with a blue and yellow … Continue reading "2014 Charger 2.4mr"
- 2015 Edge 2.4mr Posted in: Boats & Parts for Sale- $10000.00 USD ISAF 892/OD 205 2015 Edge 2.4mr Sailboat Epoxy infused, Divinycell foam core SuperSpar mast Lightweight boom package Located SW Florida Identical boats ISAF 891, ISAF 893 also available Contact Tony Pocklington Edge Sailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2007 Bjorndahl 2.4mr Posted in: Boats & Parts for Sale- $3500.00 USD 2007 Bjorndahl ISAF 549 SuperSpar mast Located SW FLorida Contact Edge Sailing email@example.com